Monday, May 12, 2014

Rudy Buys Bourbon


I leave the house where I am living on Atlanta Street




Since it was a sunny day, I decided to take my camera with me so as to take snap shots of some of the very many patches of cultivated greenery on the way.  I made only a very small detour to capture bits of a tiny park, a block away from the straight road to my destination.  Some of those pictures will now follow.  But note, since I have not mastered the art of placement, they will simply be strung out, one after the other.  Indeed, if it were not for my computer-savvy granddaughter Eva, the pictures would not have made it into this post at all.










An elderly lady has set up to sell fruit.  She permitted  me to photograph her table, provided I did not include her.


And now I have reached my goal, the Mega version of the Comercial Mexicana, a huge establishment between two broad avenues, Patriotismo and Revolucion, where you can buy everything from mustard to motorcycles.  The Comercial's parking lot is dotted with topiary trees and bushes.  Before going in to buy my bourbon, here is a sample.











Enough.  Time to go inside to the shelves where I can find my bourbon.


Having paid for the bottle, I'm on my way home.  But with a cane in my right hand and the bourbon in my left, there will be no photographing on the way back--with one exception:

Here's the house again

Now that I am back home, let me show you my purchase, placed in the back yard, illuminated by the sun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment