Friday, July 13, 2018

Obama's White House

The World as It Is: a Memoir of the Obama White House
   I’m done with Ben Rhodes’s book, more correctly entitled than as a narrative solely about Obama. Rhodes was himself an actor during a period lasting nearly a decade, as advisor and, above all, speech writer. But Obama does sit at the center  of the account and if I had to choose one word to characterize him, I would pick thoughtful.

   That term is prompted particularly to distinguish Obama from his very unthoughtful and improbable successor as US president, Donald Trump. While Rhodes makes only infrequent statements of evaluation, he depicts a person of high ability and character, as one who is likely to be picked by future historian as one of America’s best presidents. While I don’t do book reviews. I recommend the Rhodes book to anyone interested in the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment